OVERSIZED STANDARD DELIVERY POLICY
Oversized items, like Walk-In Tubs, are delivered via freight carrier directly to your address. This process usually takes 1-6 weeks. Please allow an additional week for more rural areas.
- The freight carrier will contact you with the telephone number(s) you provided us at checkout. Please make sure these are accurate.
- The freight carrier will usually contact you 24-48 hours in advance to schedule delivery. Available delivery times will vary depending upon the freight company's schedule.
- Most items will be delivered to only the nearest ground level entrance of your home/business. Exceptions include apartments and unusual driveways. Many freight carriers will provide stair service or bring the item(s) to a specific room for an additional fee.
- Before signing the delivery receipt, inspect the carton(s) for damage (including dents, crushing, creasing, tears, etc) and note this on the receipt. The driver is not required to wait for you to unpack the item unless visible damage is seen.
- If during delivery, it is obvious the item(s) are damaged, you may ask the driver to unpack and inspect the contents with you. If damage is found, clearly note it on the delivery receipt and write "Refused due to damage". Be sure to keep your copy and Contact Us immediately.
- After you accept delivery, it is a wise idea to keep all packing slips for at least 30 days.
Additional fees may apply for the following:
- Redelivery: If you miss your delivery appointment, the freight carrier may charge you a fee ranging from $25-$125. The decision to redeliver is solely that of the freight carrier. Your item(s) may be redelivered to Walk-In Tubs Outlet if you miss you appointment or if the freight company is unable to contact you. In the event this occurs, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. Please see the Refused Delivery section in our Terms and Conditions.
- Storage Charges: You have 1 business day to respond to the freight carrier once they contact you to arrange delivery. If the freight carrier has not heard from you and needs to store your item(s), you may be charged storage fees up to $50/day. Storage fees may also apply if you are not able to accept delivery within 3 business days of the carrier contacting you.
- Refusal of Delivery: You will be responsible for the total shipping costs for the refusal/return of any non-defective or undamaged item. This includes shipping to you and return shipping. Return shipping fees are to be paid directly to the freight company prior to shipment. If fees are not paid in advance, they will be deducted from your refund.
- Extra Labor Fees: If you would like your item(s) to be carried into your home or up any stairs, additional fees may apply. additional fees also may result if your home/business has a steep slope leading to the entranceway. These fees are usually around $25-$50 and are negotiated and paid directly to the driver. extra options are not available in all areas.
By purchasing an oversized item, you authorize Walk-In Tubs Outlet and/or the freight carrier to assess any additional fees as necessary to credit card according to the fee schedule above.